Ventilation system Scam, Home owners being told older systems need replacing.
A number of Homeowners & property Managers have contacted us after being told their ventilation systems are not working or need replacing.
On investigation into the state of these systems, all have been in good working order but a range of things have been observed that keep repeating.
- Customers have been told that the company no longer supports the older model (supercell does)
- The bearing has collapsed (If bearings go you will hear it very clearly or the system will short & stop operating)
- Air isn't moving through 1 or more ducts (Ducting disconnected of collapsed)
- Unit no longer works, (First, check that the selected room temperature isn't too high as all these systems work within a parameter of 5 to 8 degrees of room temp) 2nd check for air flow with light paper or toilet paper,
- Check the system has power or is plugged in
We have found units unplugged in the roof, ducts disconnected, room temp increased so the unit will not work with cooler or warmer temperatures.
All ways get a second opinion it cost nothing.
Supercell has a full range of retrofit ventilation system options that can fit into any ventilation ducting pre-existing.