Heat pumps or air condictioning
It's getting colder now so how to heat will be on everyones minds. Air conditioning or Heat pumps are the most efficient and simple option, usually!
I have some easy and very important tips your salesman or supplier will forget to tell you in most cases.
- Air conditioning and Heat pumps are the same thing with different names, they both heat & cool and will remove between 2 litre of humidity per hour on a wall hung unit (HIGH WALL) or floor console (FLOOR CONSOLE). Or upto 8 litres of humidity per hour with a ducted system (DUCTED SYSTEM) when cooling.
- NEVER leave babies unattended in a duct /bedroom or room as they can dehydrate due to the huge amount of moisture these units can remove, babies can not regulate their own body temperature very well and this has caused fatalitys. Remember Don't leave babys Unattended!!
- A well managed room temperature is better.
- TIP pre cool a babys room 1 or 2 hours before putting them down then turn unit right down to low speed or off.
- When putting multiply units in a home you can use a MUILTY split system which can run 2 or up to 6 units off one outdoor unit. The price becomes cheaper from 3 units at 2 units the price is generally the same as 2 Single splits which would be better as they are independent of each other.
- MUILTY SPLIT SYSTEM can run 2-6 units some brands only do 4. You can heat and cool in each space at different tempters but only in same mode. i.e. every unit/room is heating or everyone is cooling, if one room changes the mode it will throw the system out and it will stop until it's reset.
- The Muilty will give each space it's own zone and accurate air conditioning to a selected temperature.
- This isn't normally a problem unless some one goes nuts on the controller and starts pushing all the buttons.
- Muiltys work great for bedrooms.
- SINGLE SPLIT 1 indoor unit with 1 outdoor unit which gives that space total air condictioning independence.
- Servicing should be done every year as the outdoor coil (radiator looking thing) will get dirt scale and animal hair build up.(have pulled up to a cup of animal hair out of coils)This will cause the unit to struggle and not give temperature and cost lots more to run. In most cases 20% after the first year, this could be $200 more per unit per year. The indoor will get bacteria and mould due to dirt ,pollen and humidity as well as odors which is not good for health.Servicing will increase the life of your unit by double in most cases.
Supercell has a full range of HVAC cleaners and sanitisers.